Sunday, May 13, 2012

Top 5 Sundays #2 - Favourite Book Quotes

So, in my continuing efforts to be more diligent on the blog, I'm happy to present my second Top 5 Sundays post, this time focusing on my favourite book quotes. The hard part here was narrowing it down to just five - I have a special place in my heart for quotes, didn't you know? - but I managed in the end, LOL. Oh, and apparently I was in a declaration-of-love frame of mind. Huh. Hadn't noticed during the hunt but...eh, oh well.

So, without further adieu, I give you Calliope's Domain's Top 5 Favourite Book Quotes.

#1 - from Anne Rice, Tale of the Body Thief

 “So we reach into the raging chaos, and we pluck some small glittering thing and we cling to it, and we tell ourselves it has meaning, and that the world is good, and we are not evil, and we will all go home in the end.” 
 #2 - from Laurell K. Hamilton's A Lick of Frost

“I will love you always. When this red hair is white, I will still love you. When the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes, when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face, I will treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life with you, Meredith, and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine.” 
 #3 -  from Ilona Andrews' Magic Slays

“If I fought for them and was crippled, they would all say nice things, and then they would replace me and forget I was ever there. You would stay with me. You would take care of me, because you love me. I love you too, Kate. If you ever became hurt, I would not leave you. I’ll be there. Wherever you want‘there’to be.” 
 #4 - from Nalini Singh's Archangel's Consort



“For the first time in forever, he was stunned to silence. Not by her words, but by the tenderness in her hands, the worry in her eyes. He was an archangel. He’d been wounded far, far worse and shrugged it off. But then, there had been no woman with skin kissed by the sunset and eyes of storm gray to tear into him for daring to get himself hurt.” 


#5 -  from Jennifer Estep's Tangled Threads


“What was wrong with giving Gin a key?" he rumbled. "It's not like I could keep her out of the house, even if I wanted to. I thought a key would make things easier, make her feel like she was really welcome here. This is the first time that I've dated an assassin. I don't want to piss her off”


And there you have it - my Top 5. Hopefully this will pop up again next week. Until then...over and out, mes amours! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome quotes! Love it!